Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes
Is there anything better than starting off your day with pancakes? I think not. Especially when they're Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie pancakes! These pancakes are so tasty and are the perfect addition to your breakfast spread. I mean no brunch or breakfast is complete without pancakes am I right?
This recipe creates insanely soft, fluffy, not too sweet pancakes that have the perfect flavor combos. Might I say, you can even consider this recipe to be healthy. With minimal sugar (only 1 tbsp) and oats, you can definitely get away with these as morning food. But who are we kidding, any dessert can pass as morning food. Anyways, I am so excited to give you this recipe, so let's start!
For additional tips and tricks to nail this recipe, check out the full recipe post on my blog here.
- 8 pancakes
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- In a large bowl, beat eggs well. whisk in the buttermilk, brown butter, maple syrup and vanilla.
- In a separate large bowl, mix all-purpose flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well incorporated. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle or large nonstick pan over medium heat. Once heated, brush lightly with butter or oil.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the batter. Pour around 1/4-cup of batter for each pancake onto the hot greased griddle/pan. Cook on the first side until edges are dry and bubbles form, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancake and allow to cook on the opposite side until cooked thoroughly and is golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter. Make sure to stir the batter occasionally to prevent oats and chocolate chips from sinking.
- Don't over-mix the batter. It's okay if there are a couple of lumps here and there, just mix until the flour is combined.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go