Spring is here and Easter is right around the corner so I highly recommend making these super easy and tasty sprinkle cookies! These cookies are infused with almond and lemon giving them a wonderful flavor that goes beyond a simple vanilla cookie. They are then covered in a light glaze that hardens and finished off with colorful sprinkles. They are zesty, cakey and vibrant! It's a really simple recipe that comes together quickly and also super kid friendly. And if you want to follow a step-by-step video, check out my IGTV page and watch Episode 4 which features this recipe!
- 12 Cookies
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350° F and place rack in center of the oven. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer, beat eggs in medium mixing bowl until light and foamy, about 4 minutes on medium speed. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer, sift flour, confectioner's’ sugar and baking powder into large mixing bowl. Add salt and gently mix to combine, just a few turns. Cube butter and add pieces to bowl of dry ingredients. Mix on low speed, slowly increasing speed to medium until butter is worked into dry ingredients, about 4 minutes. Mixture will look like coarse meal.
- With mixer on low, pour in eggs, mixing until dough forms.
- Measure out heaping tablespoon portions of dough and roll into even balls. Evenly place cookie dough balls on baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes, until cookies are puffed and slightly firm to the touch.
- While cookies are baking, make icing by whisking confectioners’ sugar, milk and extracts in a medium bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- As soon as cookies are done, immediately roll each cookie in icing, place on wire rack and add sprinkles. Make sure you add the sprinkles right away or icing will harden and sprinkles will not stick.
- Store leftovers in wrapped plastic or airtight container at room temperature.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go