We alway have a healthy supply of carrots in our fridge thanks to our wonderful Riverford veggie box delivery! Don’t miss out on a sweet treat this long weekend - create these little plant-based Carrot Cupcakes to celebrate Easter.
Cupcakes are such a joy to bake - with their petite portions they take a fraction of the time a large cake takes to bake - which means you can enjoy them quicker, while reducing your energy consumption!
My recipe has very little sugar so you prefer your Carrot Cupcakes on the sweeter side, just add a little more maple/agave syrup, rather than more raw brown sugar. A little syrup sweetness goes a looong way!
To make your Carrot Cupcakes extra special adorn them with a dollop of cream cheese (or non-dairy soft cheese alternative), mixed with a little lemon juice. And coronate with a crystallised ginger gem.
- 12 Cupcakes
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Preheat the oven at 190°C/170°C fan.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil (either in the microwave or on the stove top) and gently pour the melted coconut oil over the dry ingredients, along with the milk, vanilla extract and syrup. Give it a good thorough mix.
- Gently fold the grated carrot and walnut pieces into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into 12 cupcake sleeves.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until the little tops of your cupcakes are slightly golden. If you’re unsure whether your cupcakes are baked, slide a cake tester into the centre of the cupcake positioned in the middle of the tray - it should be clean when removed. If it’s on the goopy side, the cupcakes will need a little longer.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before adding your topping of choice.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go