Indian people love to eat rice and there are different varieties one pot rice recipes. Different State have there own creations, let it be curd rice, khichdi, Biryani, pulao & lot more. Among all rice dish, Biryani is quite a popular dish and it can be served for both lunch and dinner.
This is the best one pot meal one can have during any occasion! Veg Biryani is cooked with veggies, aromatic Indian spices & some assorted dry fruits......loaded with tons of flavour and texture. Overall this delicious biryani is magnificent on its own way & can be enjoyed with a bowl of onion raita or simple curd!!!
Being a vegetarian, this biryani is my personal favourite which is delicious as well as flavourful at the same time. It's one pot meal which is easy to make and are quite popular among working people's.
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious Veg Biryani.
If you like this biryani recipe then please comment below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 55 Minutes
For Vegetables Marination
For Biryani Gravy
Recipe for Marinations
- 1. Boil water in a pan & add all the vegetables except mushroom & cook for 3 mins.
- 2. Drain the water & cool down veggies completely.
- 3. In a large bowl, add hung curd, fried onions, ginger-garlic paste, kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, biryani masala, coriander mint leaves paste, ghee & salt.
- 5. Mix it all together & marinate it for 30 mins.
Recipe for Rice
- 1. In a deep bottom pan, boil water & add bay leaf, Shah jeera, cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise, black pepper, black Cardamom, oil and salt.
- 2. now add soaked basmati rice to the boiling water & stir well.
- 3. Boil it for 5 minutes & don't cook the rice completely, as it will get cooked in dum.
- 4. Drain off water and spread it on a plate to cool down.
Recipe for Biryani Gravy
- 1. Heat oil & ghee in the pan, then add Shah jeera, bay leaf, cinnamon stick & Green Cardamom.
- 2. Once it's aromatic, add marinated veggies and cook for a while.
- 3. Make sure the veggies should be half cooked. Biriyani gravy is ready.
Recipe for Layering
- 1. In a thick bottomed deep vessel, spread a layer of biryani gravy.
- 2. Then layer it with cooked rice & spread few chopped mint leaves coriander leaves, dry fruits as listed, fried onions, Biriyani masala, saffron water & kewra essence
- 3. Again spread biryani gravy & repeat layering with cooked rice, few chopped mint, coriander, dry fruits as listed, fried onions, Biriyani masala and saffron water, a tbsp of ghee & kewra essence.
- 4. Close the vessel with a lid and seal it with dough.
- 5. Simmer it for 15 minutes.
- 6. After 15 minutes, switch off the flame & rest it for 5 mins.
- 7. Serve dum Shahi Veg biryani with raita!!!
- Make sure the veggies are not overcooked.
- Don't skip the layering, that's the secret of a perfect dum biryani.
- Instead of dough you can seal it with aluminium foil and cover it with a heavy lid.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go