Combining the strawberry puree with the cream mixture.
No-Churn Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream
This ice cream recipe is the perfect balance of creamy and refreshing. The strawberries give the ice cream such a natural sweetness that is contrasted so nicely by the thick coconut cream. Th fun part about this ice cream recipe is that you don't need an ice cream machine. I prefer to use frozen strawberries for this recipe, you can do this by thawing the strawberries almost completely, and then they will be ready to use. This adds such a nice texture and brings out all the juices which gives the strawberry puree an added flavor, sweetening it more too.
The final product before going into the freezer.
- 10 Serves
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Hours|Total time: 10 Hours 20 Minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric beater on high speed to whisk the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- On low speed, beat in the coconut cream and set aside
- In a medium bowl, use a stick bender to blend together 4 cups of strawberries with the sugar until smooth. If you have any juice from the strawberries, add that in too.
- Gently fold in the strawberry puree to the cream mixture.
- Pour your mixture into a metal ice cream tin.
- Roughly chop remaining strawberries (1 cup) and scatter them on top of the mixture. Most of them will sink into the mixture - that's perfectly fine.
- Place the tin in a stable location in the freezer and carefully lay a plastic cling-wrap over ice cream to avoid ice crystals from forming.
- Leave overnight (min 10 hours) before serving.
- Sprinkle white chocolate shavings for an added touch of flavor.