So comforting and tasty bowl of soup.
Hearty Pesto Tortellini and Sausage Soup
This heart pesto tortellini and sausage soup will sure will warm your soul.
A bowl of soup is always my favorite comforting recipe. I enjoy soups specially on a rainy or cold day. Here in Los Angeles, it doesn't get that cold, but when it rains it is my excuse to dust off my cast iron pot and start cooking.
This is a very easy recipe and very versatile, since you can add any veggies you like. I used mushrooms, onions, carrots, celery I had on hand and added a handful of baby spinach at the end. I used fresh pesto tortellini pasta for this recipe, but you may used cheese tortellini as well. I like to first sautee the onions, sausage and mushroom. Then add the carrots, celery and dry herbs before I add the veggie stock and cooked beans, then let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Then you may add the tortellini, pesto sauce and spinach.
It is now ready to be served, add some freshly grated Pecorino Romano on top and slice of nice warm rustic bread.
This is my son's favorite soup.
So many texture and flavors on each spoonful. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Let's Dishplay_it together.
- 6 servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
- First sauté the onions, mushrooms, cubed sausage & garlic for a few minutes.
- Then add carrots and celery and spices to cook for for 5 minutes.
- Add broth or stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Then add the tortellini and cook for 5-6 minutes ( if using fresh pasta or follow directions when using dry pasta) add spinach, pesto sauce and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Top off with freshly grated pecorino romano and a side freshly baked bread and more pesto. Enjoy!
- You may use chopped kale instead of spinach
- Want to keep it vegetarian and substitute the sausage for a meatless option.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go