Almond flour is truly a game-changer in baking! I love the added moist texture it adds to recipes, especially cookies. This recipe actually did not need any butter because of the high content of almond flour! These cookies are a great snack that helps to keep you fuller for a long period of time with a high but healthy fat content and low amount of sugar. I hope you all enjoy these as much as I did, please check out the recipe below. Leave a comment below if you have ever baked with almond flour and if so, let me know what you have made!
Double Chocolate Almond Flour Cookies
- 8 Cookies
- Prep time: 10 Minutes Cook time: 12 Minutes Total time: 22 min
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1.5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 175°C and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour and cocoa powder.
- Mix in the sugars, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the water and vanilla extract. Mix well until a dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12 minutes and let the cookies cool and harden. Please note that these cookies will be very moist on the inside as they are made with almond flour. Enjoy!