Chocolate Oat Bars
No-bake chocolate oat bars! These bars are naturally sweetened with raw dates and still taste just as delicious. This quick and easy recipe is customizable to your own liking! Feel free to add in nuts, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, or any other ingredients that your taste buds enjoy. I finally bought a food processor and it has opened so many doors for new recipes, I hope these bars are just the first of many healthy recipes! If you end up making this recipe, leave a comment below on any additional add-ins you tried out. Enjoy and check out the details below!
- 10 bars
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Boil 1 cup of water and remove from heat. Soak the dates in the water for about 10 minutes and save about 1/4 cup of the date water.
- In a food processor, process the dates with the date water together until they are puréed. Mix in the oats and ground flax.
- In a medium bowl, pour your date and oat mixture along with the nut butter, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- Line a small pan or container with parchment paper and pat down the mixture until evenly spread. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Mix the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a microwave-safe bowl for about 30 seconds. Mix well and pour over the oat mixture. Freeze for another 10 minutes before slicing and eating, enjoy!
- These bars are best stored in the fridge.