Chocolate Filled Button Cookies With Hazelnuts
I use this cookie dough for several different cookie shapes and it is a favorite of mine. And what I love the most about it, it gets better over time. So you can make this a couple of days ahead and just store it in an airtight container.
As I often mention, I adore hazelnuts. And I add them in different batters whenever it is appropriate because hazelnuts make every cake taste better. If it is a chocolate one. And sometimes even if it is not.
I always like to emphasise toasting the nuts in a hot pan for a couple of minutes, it enhances natural nut oils to release and enrich the flavour. So, do not skip that part if adding nuts.
- 40 cookies
- Prep time: 45 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 15 Minutes
- Use your hands to combine all of the dry ingredients and butter cut into cubes. Next, add eggs and vanilla extract and combine them gently and with working the dough as little as possible.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes at least.
- Roll small amounts of the dough between the palms of your hands to get nicely and equally shaped balls, approximate size of a walnut.
- Arrange them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and leave some space in between because they tend to spread while baking.
- Take a kitchen utensil that has a pointed top, something as a wooden spoon used for cooking. Make a small hole on top of each ball, that is going to be the place for the filling.
- Bake the cookies in an oven, preheated to 180°C or 360 F for about 10 minutes. They are done when the edges slightly change in colour.
- Take them out on a wiring rack and let them cool completely. Proceed with making and baking the rest of the cookies.
- Fill a piping bag with the filling of your choice and pipe it into little holes on top of each cookie.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go