Lentils Turmeric Soup
I am currently going through a phase of experimenting with soups especially that it's winter now in Canada. I love a good soup with nothing but natural organic ingredients (including vegetables, legumes, spices).
And there are always so many ways to create the same soup recipe. I had a craving for a lentil soup and decided to make a spin on it, and introduce turmeric which makes it similar to a Persian lentils soup which is called Adasi
It is meatless and easy to make. Best enjoyed with butter on top (a must!) and a piece of pita (ideally persian sangak). And it is best known in Iran as a breakfast meal, yes breakfast :)
- 4 Bowls
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 60 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 10 Minutes
- Heat up olive oil in a pot and cook medium heat until translucent
- Once onions cooked, add garlic. Then add turmeric, golpar / ground coriander, salt and pepper
- Add lentils and combine well
- Add broth and bring to a boil then lower the heat and let simmer for 40-50 min
- Serve. Add butter right away so it melts. Garnish with parsley and pomegranate.
- Note: I added thinly sliced ripe tomatoes and let simmer with the soup to give more flavors but some do it without.