I am usually not a big fan of cinnamon rolls as my last experience consists of eating a cinnamon bun before hopping on a flight and, you can imagine the rest of the story. 🤓
But years have gone by and I decided to bake my own. There are so many cinnamon roll recipes on the web and I am aware that baking requires precision, but I still enjoy following my own intuition and go through trial and error, so I ended up creating my own. And surprisingly it was a success :) Soft, warm, perfect sweetness level, with a nice cream cheese cinnamon frosting.
- 15 Rolls
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 90 Minutes|Total time: 2 Hours
For the Yeast Mix
For the Dough
For the Cinnamon Filling
For the Frosting
- Combine Yeast ingredients, mix and let activate for 10min
- In the meantime, combine dough ingredients. Once yeast is activated, add dough mix to the the yeast mix and knead until a soft dough is formed. Cover and rest for 1hr.
- Once dough is ready, roll it on a flat floured surface, spread 3 tbsp butter, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar all over then roll it up tightly. Cut into 10-15 even rolls. Place in a tray and bake in oven for 20-25 in at 180C / 350F.
- While rolls are baking, mix all frosting ingredients using a cinnamon stick. (you're just using it for an extra cinnamon kick but don't melt it in)
- Once rolls are baked, spread cream cheese frosting on top and enjoy.