A Dutch Oven full of Easy Cioppino Seafood Soup.
Easy Cioppino Seafood Soup
This Easy Cioppino Seafood Soup is the best homemade recipe and it really is pretty easy to make. Inspired by Ina Garten, you can make this classic dish for a special occasion, dinner party, or just a wonderful meal at home. Made with scallops, mussels, clams, cod, and shrimp, this soup is a seafood lover's dream! Serve with fresh garlic bread and you will have a meal that's just like dining in your favorite fancy restaurant. One of the great things about this recipe is that you add whatever seafood you like and leave out anything you don't care for.
A bowl of Cioppino Seafood Soup.
Cioppino Seafood Soup cookingon the stove.
- 6 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 55 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 10 Minutes
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and then add the diced fennel and onion and cook for about 10 minutes. Put in the garlic, red pepper flakes, and fennel seeds and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, wine, seafood stock, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Now it's time to add the seafood! This order is best and be sure not to disturb the seafood once it's in the broth! Start with the cod, shrimp, and scallops. Finally, add the mussels and clams (carefully make sure they are covered in broth). Increase the heat until the soup is simmering and then lower the heat, cover and cook the seafood for 8-10 minutes (the mussels and clams will open up).
- Remove from the heat and allow the soup to rest for a few minutes before serving. Remove any mussels or clams that didn't open up and discard (they are no good). Serve in a large bowl and sprinkles with fresh parsley.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go