Kulfi is traditionally made by slow cooking of full fat milk and sugar until it reduces to half. Then add some chopped Pistachio, almonds and cardamom powder to this caramelized rich and sweet condensed milk. The unique creamy distinct flavours is worth a try.
Saffron Pistachio Kulfi Slice
Indeed, kulfi is one of the most demanding & well known desi icecreams in India. No way any icecream can replace the extraordinary flavours and textures of kulfi......the lovely saffron colour, creaminess of reduced milk, the crunchy nuts, and the aroma of spices, make this beyond comparison.
In summer,I make different varieties of Kulfi and each and every Kulfi has distinct flavours and taste. Mostly I use seasonal fruits which make this Kulfi extraordinary.
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this amazing droolicious Kesar Pistachio Kulfi Slice. If you like this recipe then please comment down below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
- 10 Kulfi slices
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 35 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
- 1. In a small bowl add 1 tbsp of warm milk and saffron strand, mix it well and keep it aside.
- 2. In another small bowl add cornflour and 2 tbsp of warm milk, mix well and keep it aside.
- 3. In a deep bottom pan, add 4 cups full fat milk and allow it to boil.
- 4. Once it started to boil, reduce the flame to low and add sugar.
- 5. Make sure to stir the milk occasionally until it reduces to 3 cups, it takes approximately 15 minutes.
- 6. Scrape the sides of the pan each time.
- 7. Then add cornflour mixture, mix it well and cook for 10 minutes on a medium flame while stirring continuously.
- 8. Then add saffron mixture, cardamom powder and mix it well
- 9. Once milk reach the kulfi consistency, keep it aside to cool down slightly for 10 minutes.
- 10. Then add chopped pistachios and pour the mixture into aluminium tray and cover it.
- 11. Then freeze it for 8 hours.
- 12. To unmould, allow the tray to remain outside the refrigerator for 5 minutes and then unmould it.
- 13. Just slice the kesar Pistachio Kulfi into desired shapes & serve immediately.
- 1. Cornflour is optional, you can reduce the milk more for the required consistency.
- 2. You can use kulfi mould instead.
- 3. You can add finely chopped almonds as well.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go