Polenta With Roasted Potatoes, Tomatoes and Garlic
Fresh delicious Vegetables perfectly roasted to perfection served over creamy polenta makes an ordinary dinner extraordinary.
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 40 Minutes|Total time: 55 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss until the potatoes are well coated. Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and and spread out into one layer. Roast in the oven for about 40 minutes or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking in order to ensure even browning.
- Place tomatoes halves on separate baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Coat with olive oil and salt. Roast in oven for about 20-25 mins.
- Peel and discard the papery outer layers of the whole garlic bulb, leaving intact the skins of the individual cloves of garlic. Using a sharp knife, cut about 1/2 inch from the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil over each exposed head, using your fingers to rub the olive oil over all the cut, exposed garlic cloves. Season with pepper and salt.
- Cover the bulb with aluminum foil and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the cloves are lightly browned and are soft when pressed.
- Meanwhile, bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a heavy duty saucepan. Stir in 1 tsp. salt. Gradually sprinkle the polenta into the pan whisking continuous at the same time. Turn the heat to a low simmer, cover and continue to cook polenta for about 30 minutes until it is thick and fluffy, stirring occasionally. When it is done remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese, butter and additional salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Serve the warm polenta with the roasted potatoes, tomatoes and garlic over the top. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and additional Parmesan cheese if needed.
- Enjoy! 😉
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go