Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Lemon poppy seed muffins have always been my favorite kind of muffin. I had always only tried the kind from a box or a store bought “bakery” style poppy seed muffin. So when I had a sudden craving for them, I knew I had to make them homemade. Soooo much better this way! The bright, fresh, lemon flavor just makes it feel like spring is here, so these muffins hit the spot on a morning where the sun was shining bright! I think next time I want to try this same recipe with orange zest and orange juice rather than lemon😋
- 12 Muffins
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a muffin tin.
- Mix together lemon zest, sugar, and butter.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the milk and lemon juice in a measuring cup then add into batter.
- Add in flour and baking soda and mix until just combined then add in the poppy seeds.
- Pour into muffin tin and top with additional poppy seeds and some sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.