Bacon and apricot glazed pork tenderloin
Apricot Glazed Bacon Pork Tenderloin
Looking for a simple yet delicious crockpot pork tenderloin recipe? I love pork tenderloins for an easy, healthy weeknight meal. They become super tender and juicy when cooked at a low temperature in the crockpot making them a perfect dinner for busy weeknights.
I usually get a plain pork tenderloin to save on sodium, but this time I decided to try Smithfield's apple smoked bacon pork tenderloin, and it was delicious. I created an apricot glaze to go over it, which turned out to be sweet, salty, and savory heaven!
This recipe is a little higher in sodium and fat from the bacon toppings and seasonings, but it can certainly still fit into a healthy lifestyle! Just pair with some nutrient dense vegetables and you have yourself a well rounded meal!
Allowing the pork tenderloin to sit under the broiler for 5 minutes creates a delicious caramelized topping.
- 6 servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 8 Hours|Total time: 8 Hours 5 Minutes
- Cook the pork tenderloin with 1/2 cup chicken broth in the crockpot on low for 6-8hrs.
- Combine the apricot jam, soy sauce and mustard in a sauce pan over low heat for about 5 minutes until combined and glaze formed.
- When the pork tenderloin is done cooking in the crockpot, preheat oven broiler.
- Place the pork tenderloin in a 9x13 dish with bacon side up and brush with apricot glaze.
- Place pork tenderloin under broiler for about 5 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go