One of my favorite Italian meals has always been Eggplant Parmigiana but I never made it because I hated frying the eggplant. Using so much oil, the mess splattering oil makes, eating fried food and the time it takes to fry in small batches. One day I decided to try baking my eggplant instead of frying and I’ve never gone back! So much easier, quicker and healthier. It also taste better in my opinion and my family loves it. It comes together the same way traditional Eggplant Parmigiana does but the small change of baking vs frying makes such a difference. I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe as much as my family does.
Baked Eggplant Parmigiana
2 (1 Review)
- 8 Servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes Cook time: 20 Minutes Total time: 40 min
- 4 Eggs
- 3 cups Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 Large Eggplant
- Red Sauce
- Shredded Mozzerella
- Parmesean Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut your eggplant in slices about 1/4” thick.
- Spray a foil lined baking sheet with olive oil spray
- Coat your eggplant slices in egg, then bread crumbs.
- Place your coated eggplant on your baking sheets, spray with olive oil spray and bake for 10 min at 350
- Flip the slices, spray again and bake for another 10 min
- Coat the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish with red sauce
- Begin stack eggplant slices, more sauce, mozzerella cheese and parmesean cheese in layers until all of your eggplant has been used.
- Top with more mozzerella and parmesean and cover with foil
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 min