You will love this savory Paleo pumpkin soup! I always end up having a few pumpkins at Halloween time. Sometimes I pick them up at the farmer’s market. Sometimes neighbors drop off their extras. While I like to keep one for the front porch, I love to cook with them too.
Paleo Pumpkin Soup
I really enjoyed the paleo version of this soup. Making this paleo pumpkin soup with coconut milk creates the perfect consistency. It’s creamy with the coconut milk but you could always try unsweetened almond milk if you prefer. It just wouldn’t be as thick that way. If you’re not paleo, you can use Greek yogurt or even evaporated milk as the base or go half and half with each.
- 2 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes Cook time: 15 Minutes Total time: 25 min
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup of full-fat coconut milk (reserve 1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp powdered sage
- 1/4 tsp celery salt or powder
- 2 tbsp cooked bacon, crumbled
- sage leaves for the top
- pumpkin seeds to stir in or top