Blackberry & Honey Goat Cheese Breakfast Casserole
This blackberry & honey goat cheese breakfast bake would be a wonderful addition to a brunch or breakfast. In fact, I came up with this recipe on the fly for a cousin brunch I was going. It was a huge hit! I made it a few more times and tweaked the recipe to be the best it could be. Its light but filling. Simple yet complex. The blackberries & honey add a wonderful burst of sweetness. While the goat cheese adds a savory aspect. Meanwhile the crescent rolls are dishing out a buttery flakiness you don’t want to miss. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 40 Minutes|Total time: 55 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your baking dish with pan spray.
- Rip up four crescent rolls into 4 or 5 pieces each.
- Place the pieces in the bottom of the dish. They don't have to be flat.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the goat cheese over the crescent rolls pieces.
- Randomly place half of your rinsed blackberries on top.
- In a separate bowl whisk together your eggs and heavy cream.
- Pour the custard over everything.
- Drizzle about a 1/4 cup of honey over everything. Be generous.
- Rip up two more crescent rolls into 4 or 5 pieces and place them randomly in the dish.
- Sprinkle on the last of the cheese and blackberries.
- Now rip up your last two crescent rolls into pieces and place them randomly on top.
- Bake your casserole until it is golden brown and cooked through. About 40 minutes.
- When it comes out of the oven drizzle another 1/4 cup of honey on top.
- Now its ready to serve!
- Try not to substitute the honey butter crescent rolls for regular crescent rolls. It doesn't taste the same. The honey butter crescent rolls make a huge difference. You maybe able to find them at Walmart, Kroger, or Publix depending on your area.