One of the best flavor combos ever to be created is Chicken, Bacon, and Ranch. We decided to swap the bacon with pancetta for a saltier Chicken Pancetta Ranch Nachos! The salty with the savory all wrapped up in a sheet pan of nachos smothered in cheese to load up and enjoy. Check out the recipe below!
Chicken Pancetta Ranch Nachos
As mentioned above one of my favorite flavor combinations is chicken, bacon, and ranch. In college, after a long night out we used to stop by a sub shop that stayed open till 2am and grab chicken bacon ranch subs to soak up the night and help us feel better in the morning. Phillip and I were trading college stories the other night and the thought came to me, “NACHOS”. Take the ultimate flavor combo I remember enjoying as a late night eat and turn it into a great party appetizer. Welcome the Chicken Pancetta Ranch Nachos!
Start making this Chicken Pancetta Ranch Nachos by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Coat the chicken breasts in a tablespoon ranch seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees internally. About half way through baking add the pancetta to the pan and continue to bake. Remove from the oven and let cool a little before shredding.
On a sheet pan start laying out your tortilla chips for these Chicken Pancetta Ranch Nachos. Next start topping your tortilla chips with the shredded chicken, pancetta, and red onion. Bake the chips, chicken, pancetta, and red onion in the oven for 5-10 minutes to crisp up the chips. Next start making the cheese sauce. Begin the cheese sauce by heating a pan over medium heat. Pour in the chicken broth, half and half, ranch seasoning, and pepper. Start bring to heat by whisking. Once the mixture begins to simmer slowly add in the cheddar and mozzarella. Make sure to keep whisking so the sauce doesn’t clump or burn. Remove the sheet pan of nachos from the oven and pour the cheese sauce over top. Garnish with some cilantro and enjoy!
From our kitchen to yours, cheers!
- 4 people
- Prep time: 30 Minutes Cook time: 10 Minutes Total time: 40 min
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz pancetta diced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup half and half
- 2 tbsp ranch seasoning
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- ½ cup red onion chopped
- cilantro as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Coat the chicken breasts in 1 tbsp ranch seasoning, ½ salt, ½ tsp pepper, and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the chicken to a pan and bake for 15 minutes. Add the pancetta to the pan and continue to bake. Bake for another 15 minutes until chicken reaches 165° internally.
- Remove the chicken and pancetta from the oven and let cool a few minutes before shredding.
- Add your tortilla chips to the pan and sprinkle the chicken, pancetta, and red onion over the chips. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat add the chicken broth, half and half, ranch seasoning, and pepper to the pan and bring to a simmer. Whisk the sauce and slowly add in the mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Continue to whisk the sauce to avoid clumping or buring the cheese.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and pour the cheese sauce over top of the nachos. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!