Five Fruit Muffins
This past weekend in North Carolina was sunny and warm! It was a glimpse of hope that Spring and Summertime are coming soon, and that makes me so happy. It left me craving summertime flavors like berries, which is where I got the inspiration for these Five Fruit Muffins. These muffins are a delicious and healthy way to start your day.
The muffins are bursting with colorful berries that are full of disease fighting antioxidants. Bananas and applesauce lower the fat content by replacing butter/oil, and the whole wheat flour adds a punch of fiber. The best part is, they are toddler approved.
If you are needing some summertime flavors in your life right now, try making the muffins for a healthy treat!
- 12 Muffins
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Spray muffin tin with Non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix flours, baking soda and cinnamon together.
- In a separate larger bowl, mix sugar, honey, egg, milk, applesauce and mashed bananas.
- Slowly stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients being careful not to over stir.
- Fold in berries.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go