These Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are our weekly dessert go-to! We make these on a weekly basis and try so hard to make them last all week. But if we’re being honest, we usually are licking the plate clean by Monday night. It’s an addiction for sure. Check out the recipe below and try to make these Cookie Bars longer than we do!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
A few years back I start cooking and baking more with almond flour but found that it’s not always a one to one with AP flour. When it comes to cooking, it was easier to make the switch, however baking took some time. My normal chocolate chip cookie recipe was not working with almond flour. Some recipes came out so dense I thought I would never get the ratios right. I tried at least 10 different versions of my favorite chocolate chip cookie flavors and decided to turn the goodness into bars instead of cookies!
There are no special tools needed besides an oven to make these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. The batter should come together easy and smooth so even a hand mixer should not be needed.
From our kitchen to yours, cheers!
- 4 people
- Prep time: 5 Minutes Cook time: 35 Minutes Total time: 40 min
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp softened salted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- In a mixing bowl add the dry ingredients and mix to remove any clumps. Slowly add in the softened butter, vanilla extract, and egg. Mix until smooth. It should be a thick batter.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix once more. Grease pan and add the chocolate chip cookie bar batter to the pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.