I have been dying to to try the Starbuck's pistachio-based drinks, but I just haven't pulled the trigger. I love pistachio and I don't like cow's milk so it seems like it would be a great coffee-add for me. I had some pistachios and a little extra time, so I decided to try making the milk myself. I ran out of date (which is what I typically use to sweeten my homemade nut milks) so I used maple syrup instead. It turned out really well! The vibrant green color is the best part, aside from the flavor of course. I make my nut milks on the thicker side and thin them out as needed. I wouldn't put this in cereal, but it adds great flavor to coffee! I have some other ideas for it, but I'll save those for later.☺️
- 2 cups
- Prep time: 10 Minutes Cook time: 0 Minutes Total time: 10 min
- 1 cup pistachios
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or 6 dates)
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Measure water and pistachios into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes in 1 minute increments.
- Transfer to a blender (I use a Vitamix) with 2 cups water, maple syrup and salt. Blend until smooth. Thin out with water if you like a thinner milk.
- Pass through a nut milk bag. Transfer to a mason jar (or other container) and store in fridge for 5 days.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!