OTCB Clean Italian Wedding Soup
I know we're coming upon spring, but I consider soup a year round staple. I love making a big batch of it and knowing its easily accessible in the fridge. So here is one that's definitely worth making!
If you've never tried Italian Wedding Soup before, it truly is a must and a staple in my home. Traditionally, you'll find orzo or acini de pep pasta in the soup, but we've gone ahead and eliminated that here to make this a bit more of a clean, Whole30 friendly recipe. We replaced the orzo with cauliflower rice and added a handful more of vegetables.
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 1 Hours|Cook time: 45 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 45 Minutes
The How To:
- Start off by heating up a dutch oven. Add your olive oil and begin cooking your mirepoix mix and. Cook it for between 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper half way through and add your leeks and garlic. Be sure not to skimp on this process. This is where you extract so much flavor!
- In the meantime, heat up a separate skillet on medium heat. Remove your sausage from its casing, add oil to your pan and begin cooking your sausage. Be sure to break apart the sausage with a wooden spoon while you're cooking. begin cooking your sausage in a separate skillet. Once cooked, set aside. Cook until the
- Once mirepoix is cooked and it has softened and darkened, add your stock and bring to a boil. Once at boiling point, bring to a simmer and add your zucchini and cauliflower rice.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes and then add your sausage back in. Finish off by adding the kale, lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.