Moroccan Chicken Kale Salad
Ya’ll know I have a think for bowls. But I mean, it’s just so easy. If it fits, it goes into a bowl! Here we’ve got my absolute favorite thigh recipe, the OTCB Moroccan chicken thighs. These thighs are super flavorful and really can compliment a lot of different sides and work great in salads.
Here, we are pairing it with hearty kale, marinated chickpeas, and some fresh tomatoes. It doesn’t get any easier, but this is PACKED with flavor! The dressing is super light, yet flavorful so if you're looking for a clean lunch or dinner, this recipe is just for you!
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
Moroccan Spiced Chicken
- Heat up a cast iron skillet to a medium high heat.
- Pat dry your chicken thighs with a paper towel, to absorb all the moisture. You want to do this in order to get the chicken a bit crispy.
- Then season each side with salt, garlic powder, ras el hanout, and smoked paprika.
- Once your pan is hot, add your avocado oil and slowly place your chicken in the pan. Be sure to leave it alone once it’s down. This is how you create a nice little crust.
- Cook for about 4-6 minutes each side (this will depend on how larger and thick your thighs are).
- Once the chicken is done cooking, remove from the heat and allow it to rest for a few minutes before cutting into it.
- Slice the chicken and set aside.
- Shred the kale and dress it with the lemon juice, olive oil and salt. You want to ensure that its well coated.
- Let it sit aside for 10 minutes. This is going to allow it to marinate and soften the kale, making it more edible.
- Drain the can of chickpeas. Rinse and drain them really well.
- Once drained well, toss the chickpeas in all the spices and oil and set aside to marinade.
- Assemble your salad and enjoy!
- Other ingredients to consider adding: tomatoes, cucumbers, dried apricots, feta cheese, bell peppers.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go