Mix all your ingredients in the same mug/small dish you will be using in the microwave for less clean up!
Banana Blueberry Mug Cake (vegan, Gluten Free)
I found myself craving something sweet after dinner but I knew my options were limited. After looking in the pantry I found a bag of coconut flour and saw I had a ripe banana and instantly thought of creating a microwave mug cake --- mostly because I wanted to attend my sweet tooth as soon as possible!This banana blueberry mug cake comes together in under five minutes and is bursting with blueberries and totally satisfied with craving without the need to add any added sugar, it is vegan, and gluten free! It requires minimal ingredients and can be prepped in advance. This makes a great breakfast, snack and dessert!If you’re looking for something more decadent you can always sprinkle in a few chocolate chips or top it with ice cream or whipped cream. I also enjoy using crunchy natural peanut butter in this recipe as the peanuts add an extra layer of texture in it. I hope you enjoy making this recipe! For more delicious recipes check out my blog: www.sweetescapekitchen.com
The consistency and texture is absolutely perfect and the blueberries add some great moisture to this recipe. Since the blueberries do release their juice in the microwave, I do not recommend using frozen berries as they might make the cake too wet if they are not thawed beforehand.
- 1 mug cake
- Prep time: 3 Minutes|Cook time: 2 Minutes|Total time: 5 Minutes
- Mash your banana into your mug/small microwavable bowl.
- Mix in your coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and peanut butter until well combined.
- Add in your water and mix well. Then add in your fresh blueberries.
- Microwave for 90 seconds and let cool for a minute before removing from the microwave.
- Top with additional fruit or nut butter and enjoy or even add a scoop of ice cream for a more decadent treat!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go