Lavender Tea Latte
If you love lavender and are looking for something sweet for when that 3PM slump hits, this recipe is for you!
The key to this recipe is using high quality loose leaf tea for the best lavender taste. I find bagged lavender blends have little to no lavender flavor and you really want the lavender taste to come through!
Skim milk is the best for frothing. Skim milk is fortified with protein, which helps the milk foam up and stay foamed. But if you have a type of milk you like to use for foaming, go for it! I bet oat milk would be good in this too.
You do need a frother for this recipe. I found mine for about $10 online and it does the job -- no need for anything fancier than that!
- 1 cup
- Prep time: 1 Minutes|Cook time: 5 Minutes|Total time: 6 Minutes
- Make the lavender tea, according to package directions. Let it steep an extra minute, to extract all the lavender goodness.
- While the tea is still hot, add your sweetener, to taste.
- While the tea sits, heat your milk in a saucepan and then carefully pour hot milk into a separate mug. Froth your milk, using a frother.
- Add frothed milk to tea. Enjoy!
- You do need a frother for this recipe. You can add heated milk instead, if you do not have one.