Chocolate Covered Strawberries
I don't know about you but I have got the biggest sweet tooth! I am always down for a little nibble of something sweet - especially in the evenings. And while I do like to treat myself now and again, I am trying to make healthier snack choices this year especially when it comes to my treats.
That is why I love this chocolate covered strawberry recipe! Fresh and juicy strawberries are covered in melted dark chocolate for a satisfying yet healthy-ish dessert. Feeling fancy? Check out the notes below to see how I like to jazz up this easy 3 ingredient treat! YUM.
- 20 Strawberries
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- Thoroughly wash and dry your strawberries. Any excess water will prohibit the chocolate from sticking so dry really well! Set aside.
- In a large glass measuring cup, add chocolate chips and oil of your choice. Melt on high heat in the microwave in 30 second intervals stirring between each one until chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and set aside.
- Begin dipping the strawberries in the melted chocolate. Hold by the top of each strawberry and submerge until the strawberry is covered to your liking. Carefully remove the strawberry and gently shake off any excess chocolate. If you are adding additional toppings, quickly add them now.
- Once dipped, place on lined baking sheet and continue dipping strawberries until finished.
- Place baking sheet in the fridge to allow chocolate to harden for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- I love adding some fun toppings to these strawberries - think roasted peanuts, drizzled white chocolate, toasted coconut...whatever you like! Add the toppings right after the strawberry is dipped so the chocolate is still wet and the toppings can stick.