For summer days, Strawberry Jam is my favorite but for winter, you just crave those warmer flavors and spices. This Homemade Winter Jam Recipe has it all! In this video you’ll learn how easy it is to make this delicious jam as I walk you through every step from start to finish. You’ll need very few ingredients to make this, we’re gonna be using some plums, apple, pear, cinnamon and ginger. There is also some lemon juice and zest to enhance the flavor as well as to give it some balance. This Homemade Winter Jam will be better and healthier than any store bought jam and the flavors do not disappoint. You can use this Winter Jam for many preparations, from spreading it on a toast to using it for your linzer cookies filling or even to make some ice cream!
- 2 Jars
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- Peel the pear and apple and cut it into small dices. Cut the plums the same size but don't peel it. Once all the fruits are cut, put it in a small pot.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and water to the pot and put it over a medium heat. Mix it a little bit until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Once the the liquid has come to a boil, add the sugar, cinnamon and ginger and mix well.
- Keep stirring until the mixture becomes thicker and you can run a spatula through and see the bottom of the pot (watch video for visual representation)
- Once the jam is thick enough, turn the heat off. Using a hand blender, blend everything until smooth, or keep it chunky if you prefer.
- After the jars have been sterilized properly, pour the jam inside and seal it tight. Keep it refrigerated.
- The more you cook the mixture, the thicker the jam will be once it cools down
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go