Say goodbye to your falafel mix because you'll never want to use it again. These homemade falafels are full of flavor, protein, and health benefits since they are air fried instead of deep fried. Homemade falafels always look complicated, but are actually simple to make. The first step is to make sure you have dry chickpeas instead of canned chickpeas. You'll need to start by soaking these overnight. You can blend it with the rest of the ingredients the next day. A food processor or high speed blender works here. When it comes to making falafels, it's low effort and high reward.
Air Fried Falafels
5 (1 Review)
1 hr 15 min
- 24 falafels
- Prep time: 1 Hours Cook time: 15 Minutes Total time: 1 hr 15 min
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 3/4 bunch parsley
- 3/4 bunch cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp flour (any kind works- all purpose, whole wheat, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Soak the chickpeas in water overnight.
- Run everything (besides the flour and baking soda) in your food processor until it resembles course sand.
- Transfer to a bowl, stir in the flour & baking soda, and let it sit covered in the refrigerator for 1 hr.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to form falafel balls.
- Spray with olive oil to air fry at 375° for 15 min or until golden brown.