Creamy Garlic Chicken and Orzo
I recently moved into a place we built and now I have a brand new, beautiful kitchen. I was without a kitchen for almost a month, so there were a lot of frozen pizzas and takeout the past few weeks. Now that I finally have appliances again, I just want to cook and bake all day! This recipe was so fun. It’s fairly quick, but it tastes like it took all day. It honestly is restaurant quality. You can taste aaaall the individual flavors. The garlic, the parmesan, the lemon juice, the red pepper flakes. So darn good. It felt fancy and it was a fun date night in our new house!
- 2 Servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Make the orzo according to directions on box.
- While that’s cooking, add 2 Tbsp butter and olive oil to a cast iron or saucepan over medium low heat.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt & pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning until well coated. You can use however much or as little as you want, but I would suggest being generous!
- Add chicken to skillet and sear each side for about 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Wipe out the excess oil in the pan and add in 1 Tbsp butter, minced garlic, and wine. Cook for a minute or so before adding the heavy cream and parmesan. Stir consistently until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens.
- Put the chicken back in the skillet and baste with the sauce. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Serve over the orzo with some extra sauce and parmesan on top. And with some wine of course😉
- Heavy cream can be substituted for half & half. Just add a Tbsp or so of butter with it to make it a little more creamy.
- Use a dry white wine when cooking. I used sauvignon blanc.