Musakka Recipe – Layers of Eggplant, Tomatoes and Minced Meat
In this recipe, I will see my version of the familiar moussaka version which is the Greek moussaka that includes layers of beef or chopped lamb, and layers of fried eggplant and tomatoes. Some make it with the bemel sauce on top, or tomato sauce. I learned this version precisely from my grandfather, it is very tasty, a kosher version and has a special flavor because it is baked in the oven for about an hour and a half and it gives a special texture and flavor. So, hope you make it and have a special taste! The recipe is divided in two, preparing the ingredients, and then preparing the dish.
- 1 dish
- Prep time: 45 Minutes|Cook time: 2 Hours|Total time: 2 Hours 45 Minutes
Preparation of the meat
- Heat a little oil in a separate saucepan, fry the onion until browned, add the minced meat with a little salt and let it simmer until it is completely crumbled. Let the meat a little cool.
Preparation of the sauce
- Place the crushed tomatoes in a bowl, and add all the spices and check if it is to your liking (you can add a little olive oil to those who like).
- Cut the tomatoes into relatively thick slices, and place them at the bottom of the mold.
- Top to lay a layer of cooked minced meat
- Top with fried eggplant.
- Repeat the process between two and three times (as long as you can in the template).
- At the end of the eggplant are the ones that are supposed to be on top.
- Above all put the tomato sauce and notice that there is enough sauce but not too much.
- Put in the oven at 180 degrees for at least an hour and a half.
- Enjoy your meal