Vegetable Soup With Chicken - Delicious and Healthy
In the house I grew up in, there was always a pot on the stove with vegetable soup, which was usually accompanied by pieces of chicken – all types of chicken pieces are an option. It could come as an appetizer in a fancy meal, or a warming and healing soup in the winter. Today, as far as I am concerned, the soup is a whole meal, all the vitamins and nutrition that is good for me to get stronger are in it. I make a pot, and I make sure I have a delicious bowl of soup every day. When it starts to get close to the bottom of the pot, I am already thinking about the next soup. The good thing about this soup is that it can be a vegetable broth for the preparation of additional dishes, water for making rice (most delicious!!) is enriched with flavors and aromas that I do not think anyone can resist. Even though my soup is only seasoned with salt & pepper, when you try it, you will understand what I'm talking about.
- 1 soup
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 2 Hours|Total time: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Preparation of the soup with the chicken
Preparation of the soup:
- Wash the chicken parts well and filter.
- The vegetables should be cut into cubes except for the onion.
- In a large pot, fill with water about a third of the amount of pot and boil.
- Insert the pieces of chicken into the boiled water with salt, boil between 30-40 minutes.
- Then, add all the vegetables into the pot with the chicken, add water if necessary.
- Make sure there is enough water in the pot with all the vegetables and chicken.
- Boil the whole pot for about 5 minutes, lower the temperature and cook between an hour and a half and two hours.
- Enjoy your meal!
- Tip: You can add whatever vegetables you want: cauliflower, fennel, leftover, leeks and even cabbage, or any other vegetable that comes to mind