nests pre cooking
A new creation. A new inspiration. A new favourite.
Perfect for Brunch and/or Lunch, this dish is super healthy, Low carb and gluten free. For those of you who have tried making courgetti before, will absolutely love this brekky alternative!
This dish has filling courgette noodles, with perfectly cooked eggs inside. The noodles work as a nest to provide a shelter for the eggs to cook.
This combined with a spicy tomato sauce works perfectly together with the baked eggs on top.
Packed full of protein from your eggs, and potassium and vitamin c from your courgette, this dish is filling and flavoursome. You wont be disappointed when you give this creation a go.
nests when eggs have cooked
- 2 servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
- Very finely slice your courgette into courgetti strands. If you have a mandolin then this will speed you up massively, otherwise patience and a sharpe knife will suffice.
- Finely chop your onion and garlic and soften them in a small saucepan.
- Add your tinned tomatoes and spices and cook slowly on a low heat.
- Heat up a large frying pan, adding some oil, and season your cougetti strands.
- Slowly fry the courgetti until it goes soft.
- Divide your courgetti strands into 4 small heaps and spread them out to create a little hole in the middle of each nest.
- Crack your eggs gently into the nest and cook slowly on a low heat, season yolks with S&P. Ensure that you cover your frying pan with a lid, so the top of the egg cooks fully and the bottom doesn't burn.
- Carefully crack your eggs into the courgette nests to ensure the white dosn't over spill the nest