Inspired my Middle Eastern flavors, this roasted eggplant is topped with toasted walnuts, sliced shallots, goat cheese, tahini sauce, fresh parsley, and chili flakes. This was SO GOOD and I can’t wait to create and share more eggplant recipes.
Serve this dish as a main meal or as an appetizer. The toppings in this recipe can be altered to your preference or you may use whatever you have on hand.
Fun fact - Did you know that eggplants are actually considered to be a fruit? More specifically, a berry! They're also full of antioxidants and so delicious.
Follow my Instagram @tikofoods for more yummy recipes!
- 1 Eggplant
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Cut off the tip of the eggplant then slice it in half lengthwise. Score the eggplant in a crisscross pattern using a knife
- Drizzle the flesh of the eggplant with olive oil then season with kosher salt
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the eggplant is golden brown
- While the eggplant is roasting, chop the parsley and slice the shallot
- Once the eggplant is cooked, top it with shallots, parsley, walnuts, tahini sauce, and goat cheese
- Season with chili flakes
- Substitute dairy free cheese or omit the cheese to make it vegan
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go