I suggest adding a good drizzle of a fine extra virgin olive oil. To elevate this plata a had a little truffle oil.
Creamy Risoni With Mushrooms
If you like mushroom risotto, you would love this great alternative, for a gluten free and legume based dish. This is Risoni al funghi!
Have you tried the Trader Joe's Risoni?
The Risoni is a form of small short-cut pasta , shaped like long grain rice or like orzo. I love the Trader Joe's Risoni because is organic, gluten free and made with red lentil and chickpeas. I have cooked the risoni and made salad dishes, but my new favorite is the Risoni or risotto al funghi (mushrooms). This is a delicious and hearty dish, perfect for your Meatless Mondays.
For this dish, I started with a garlic and white onions base, then sautee the mushrooms for a few minutes and then add the dry risoni and veggie stock. Bring it to a boil and then simmer until it is cooked through. I like to add a touch of butter at the end to make it creamier and fresh grated pecorino romano... don't forget the fresh chopped parsley for garnish and a good drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil. I had truffle oil on hand so I used this.
A comforting bowl for your "Meatless Monday".
Just a few ingredients for a wholesome meal.
I hope you enjoy this dish. Please leave a note on the comment box below.
Let's Dishplay_it together!
- 6 servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- First, heat up a pan add a 1 TBSP of butter and sautee the onions, for 3 minutes. Then add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. Then add the risoni dry pasta, and sautee for a few minutes before you add the veggie stock, stir and bring it to a boil for a few minutes.
- Then, bring the heat down to simmer, add the handful of chopped spinach and let it cook for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally. You may want to add 1/4 of veggie stock if you like it more moist.
- Then add 1 TBSP of butter to get a creamy luscious risoni. Add freshly grated pecorino romano and it is ready to serve. Enjoy!
- You may add 1 TBSP of cream cheese or vegan cream cheese for a creamier consistency.