Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
When I was in college I studied abroad in Italy and Nutella was EVERYWHERE and seemed to be a popular treat. I got hooked on the yummy treat while there and decided to incorporate it into my chocolate chip cookie recipe. Nutella and cookies?? Sounds delicious to me! My friend Hannah that lives in Italy shared this recipe with her Italian friends and it was a hit! She translated the recipe for me in Italian ( I will post below) and now I am the "Nutella Cookie Queen" apparently! I hope you enjoy this recipe just as much as I have and my Italian friends.
- 24 cookies
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
Prepare Nutella Bites
- Start by freezing your Nutella bites. Grab a plate and a piece of parchment paper.
- Scoop 1/2 tablespoon of nutella on the parchement paper for each cookie. ( I only filled half of my cookies with Nutella, so there was an option of both) Make as many Nutella bites as you want, to fill your cookies.
- Place the Nutella bites in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. Leave the bites in the freezer until dough is prepared and rolled into balls.
- Move one of your oven racks to the middle-lower half. Preheat to 325 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a seperate bowl, and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Once the butter is cooled,add the brown sugar and white sugar. Use a hand or stand mixer to cream together. ( about 1- 2 minutes)
- Add the egg, extra yolk and vanilla to the creamed butter and sugar. Mix until just combined.
- Add your flour mixture in three batches. Mixing on a low speed.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Roll the dough into balls. ( use 2 tablespoons of dough for each ball)
- Place dough balls on a lined cookie sheet, making sure they are spaced 2 inches apart.
- Use a spoon and make a dent in each ball of dough for the Nutella bites. ( see picture below)
- Place Nutella bites in the dents and roll the dough around the nutella bites. ( so no Nutella is showing)
- Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes. (16 was perfect for me)
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go