Mini Oreo Cheesecake Bites
I love a nice big slice of cheesecake, but I love these quick, bite sized cheesecakes even more! Who needs a plate and fork to enjoy cheesecake? Certainly not this girl, that's for sure! I catch my husband eating these directly out of the fridge (or freezer) pretty much any time he passes it. These are so easy to make and come out perfectly every time! These really do wonders for my sweet tooth cravings, along with some of my inside out chocolate chip cookies and my chocolate chip banana bread, both of which I have been making like crazy the last few weeks.
The best part of these little cheesecakes is they are not complicated to make - I had mine in the oven in less than 15 minutes - and they are much less finicky than a regular cheesecake. No water baths or worries about cracking! The icing on top I think is a really nice touch but they will still be delicious if you decide to skip it!
- 24 Cheesecakes
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 12 Minutes|Total time: 27 Minutes
For the crust
For the cheesecake:
For the frosting (optional):
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, and line a mini muffin pan with mini liners
- Make the crust by combining chocolate cookie crumbs, melted butter and granulated sugar in a small bowl until completely combined
- Firmly press about half a tablespoon of crust mixture down into each of the 24 muffin liners.
- Prepare the cheesecake mixture by beating the cream cheese on high speed until smooth and creamy, then beat in the sugar until fully incorporated
- Beat the sour cream, egg, vanilla, salt and cornstarch into the cream cheese mixture until fully combined
- Stir in chopped Oreos until evenly distributed, then spoon about 1 tablespoon of cheesecake mixture into each packed crust
- Bake mini cheesecakes in preheated oven about 10-12 minutes, or until the center is completely set.
- Once they are done cooking, allow them to cool at room temperature about 30 minutes, then put them in the fridge to finish cooling for an additional hour or until they are chilled
- While the cheesecakes cool you can prepare the icing if using by beating the butter, and slowly beating in the powdered sugar 1-2 tablespoons at a time. Stir in the cookie crumbs and then milk.
- Once cheesecakes are completely cooled, add a small dollop of frosting to each one and top with a mini oreo cookie. Serve and store chilled.
- The number one most important thing is to make sure your ingredients are room temperature - especially the cream cheese - cold cream cheese will not mix well with other ingredients and you will have lumps
- Try and make sure you make each cheesecake the same size so that they cook evenly
- Make sure you use muffin liners - otherwise the cheesecakes will not come out of the pan
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go