Easy Quick Bagels
5 (1 Review)
This was my first attempt at making bagels and I was pretty pleased! Now here me out, these aren’t going to taste like your New York Deli bagels, they are in on way made the same nor are they supposed to be exactly like your typical chewy bagel. BUT with that said, they make a great bagel sandwich, can successful satisfy those bagel cravings, delicious sweet or savory and the best part is they are SO EASY!!! These are also ideal for this chilly weather when all you want is some comforting warm food :)
I made a couple “cinnamon raisin” which were great! I’m not a big cream cheese fan (I’m weird, I know) so I had mine with peanut butter and banana fore breakfast. The others were topped with sesame seeds and they were great for veggie packed sandwiches.
For more quick and delicious recipes hop on over to my blog: www.sweetescapektichen.com
Feel free to top your bagel with whatever you'd like - here I used Everything But the Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe's!
I made this sammie right here on the toasted sesame bagel with hummus, roasted beets, carrots, cucumber, avocado and a layer of mixed greens!
Another great way to have these would be to recreate the classic childhood favorite — pizza bagel bites!
- 1 cup (5 oz) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup PLAIN greek yogurt ( Fage is great for this!)
- 1 egg white
Optional Toppings: sesame seeds, everything but the bagel seasoning, cinnamon sugar, poppy seeds, Parmesan
1. If you do not have a scale to measure out your flour, make sure you are measuring out one cup correctly.
- Rather than scooping out flour with your measuring cup from the flour bag, you should first fluff the flour with your spoon.
Then scoop out flour with a spoon from the bag and put into your measuring cup until it is full.
Lastly level it off with a knife. This will ensure you do not over pack your measuring cup!
- 4 bagels
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Preheat your oven to 375F and prep your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and spray with non-stick spray (can’t be too safe!)
- In a bowl mix your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add in your yogurt to the dry ingredients until well combined. This wont be one smooth dough, there will be bigger pieces that come together while the rest looks a bit crumbly.
- On a clean counter top, dust a little bit of flour. Dump your dough onto the floured surface and knead for a few rounds. You will know you are done kneading when the dough is still a little sticky but does not stick to your hands.
- Split the dough into four balls. Roll each ball out into a rope and then pinch the ends together to make the shape of your bagel.
- Place your four bagels onto your prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk your egg white for the egg wash. Brush each bagel top with the egg wash and now add any of the toppings you would like – sesame seeds, everything but the bagel seasoning, cinnamon, etc.
- Place your bagels in the oven for 25 minutes. Let your bagels cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing and enjoy!
- Have not tested out any other flours, please share if you do and how they turn out!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go