Peanut Butter Finger Bars
If you’re not familiar with a Peanut Butter Finger Bar-it’s a homemade take on the Butterfinger candy bar. The homemade version usually has several layers-starting first with a crust-then chocolate and finally peanut butter. These bars have been around for as long as I can remember and they have always been a favorite treat to bring to family gatherings and potlucks.
The standard recipe is pretty basic but I decided to take my basic recipe and turn up the volume a bit. So instead of the basic layers, I added more chocolate, along with a creamy peanut butter frosting that I drizzled over chopped nuts and even MORE chocolate bits!
- 24 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 22 Minutes|Total time: 37 Minutes
For the Crust
To Make the Crust
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, oatmeal, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Add in egg, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Spread mixture evenly into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove.
- Sprinkle the entire bag of chocolate chips over the crust. Return to the oven and bake for 1 minute.
- Remove from the oven. Use an icing spatula to spread the melted chocolate chips evenly over the crust. Allow to cool completely.
To Make the Frosting
- Combine Peanut butter and butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat until whipped consistency. Add in powdered sugar and half and half. Beat until well combined.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the top of the bars.
- Sprinkle the nuts and chocolate chips over the frosting. Cut bars into squares and serve.
- Store remaining bars in an air-tight container.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go