Spicy Asparagus Sauté With Walnuts
When cooking asparagus, simple ingredients are often used like lemon, olive oil and fresh herbs. However, the sweetness of asparagus pairs surprisingly well with spicy and bold flavors too. This spicy asparagus sauté with walnuts recipe may even win over those who claim not to like asparagus. Vary the quantity of sambal oelek, a garlic chili paste, according to your taste; add more if you prefer a spicier dish.
It’s a fast (it takes only 10 minutes to make!) and easy side dish that will definitely spice up your dinner. To make it a full meal, serve it over rice with some crispy tofu for vegetarian fare. Or, for the carnivores, plate it with pieces of grilled chicken or pork.
Share this now
- 4 people
- Prep time: 7 Minutes|Cook time: 3 Minutes|Total time: 10 Minutes
- Wash produce. Grate ginger and garlic on a microplane. Sliver scallions on a diagonal. Trim the asparagus spears and chop into 2-inch pieces. Pick cilantro leaves.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan over high heat. Once hot, add asparagus to pan. Season with a pinch of salt to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes. Add five spice powder, black pepper, garlic, ginger, coconut sugar, sambal oelek, soy sauce, vinegar and walnuts to pan. Toss to evenly distribute. Continue to cook for another minute until asparagus turns bright green and is tender-crisp. Remove from heat.
- Place asparagus on serving dish. Then, sprinkle cilantro and scallions over the top. Serve hot.
- *If you can't find coconut sugar, substitute with light brown sugar.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go