Begin my shredding or finely chopping 1/2 of a red cabbage.
Sweet and Tangy Coleslaw
I love making a huge batch of this Sweet and Tangy Coleslaw and eating it over several days... it actually tastes the best after you have let it sit for a few hours, so it’s the perfect make ahead dish. If you aren’t a fan of the traditional creamy style coleslaw why not give this a try.
Like traditional creamy style coleslaw the base of this salad consists of finely chopped or shredded cabbage. I then like to add a few shredded carrots for added sweetness and texture. I kept the dressing light by using rice wine vinegar, but if you prefer a stronger vinegar flavor a nice apple cider vinegar works equally well.
As this is an oil and vinegar based coleslaw it will keep well in the fridge for several days. I love to use any leftovers as a beautiful colourful garnish on fish tacos or even burgers. Enjoy!
Add the grated carrots.
Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the cabbage. Give it all a good stir and cover. Place the coleslaw in the fridge for at least four hours before serving.
Before serving give the coleslaw a good stir and garnish with a few green onions.
I hope you enjoy this stunning colorful Coleslaw.
- 10 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 4 Hours|Total time: 4 Hours 15 Minutes
- Finely chop or grate 1/2 of a red cabbage.
- Add grated carrots.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the cabbage and carrots. Mix to combine everything evenly.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving give the coleslaw another stir and garnish with the chopped green onions.
- You can substitute rice wine vinegar with apple cider vinegar for a stronger vinegar flavor.