Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings are an easy game day snack! These wings are so simple to make with an easy easy dry rub of pantry staple spices. Then after air frying, just brush or toss with your favorite buffalo sauce (store-bought or homemade).
An air fryer is essentially a compact countertop convection oven. A fan circulates the hot air at a quick speed which creates a crispy layer on foods without needing to fry in oil.
Can these wings be made in the oven instead?
Absolutely! But they won’t be quite as crispy. I recommend baking in a 400˚F preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, flipping halfway through. Until fully cooked and golden brown. Then toss with the buffalo sauce and serve or broil for just a minute or two.
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 22 Minutes|Total time: 27 Minutes
- Dry Wings. Pat dry the chicken wings and add to a medium bowl.
- Toss Wings. Toss the dried wings with the canola oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat.
- Air Fry. Add to air fryer basket in an even layer (do two batches, if needed, see note). Air fry for 20 minutes at 375˚F, flipping halfway. After the time is up, the wings should be fully cooked (165˚F) and crispy.
- Buffalo Sauce. Either use a large bowl and toss the wings with the sauce, or use a brush to brush the wings with the buffalo sauce. Air Fry again at 400˚F for 2 minutes so the sauce gets just slightly bubbly.
- Serve and Enjoy. If desired, you can brush with any remaining sauce. Serve with dipping sauce of choice and enjoy!
- If you air fry in batches, I recommend wiping out the grease in between to avoid smoking.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go