Baked Caramelised Honey Pear Pancake
An amazingly rich pancake recipe if you’re looking for something a bit different to do. We came up with this idea while thinking of different recipes to try on Pancake Day, and this one was such a winner! Pancake butter, golden and puffed up with sweet, soft pears. Can really recommend trying this one! Feel free to swap the pears for another fruit – apples would work great too!
This would serve 4 as a dessert, or 2 as an indulgent breakfast. Cooking in a skillet or cast iron pan might work best, but also could be made in any oven proof metal baking dish.
- 4 slices
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 35 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- Heat the oven to as high as it can go, around 230 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the butter in an ovenproof frying pan, and add the sliced pear and honey, then fry until caramelised and softened (10-15 mins)
- Meanwhile mix the flour, sugar and salt. Then separately whisk together the milk, yogurt & egg until smooth. Add both together and whisk again with no lumps.
- When the pears are ready, pour the batter over and place the frying pan in the hot oven for 20 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Serve immediately, with some more yoghurt if desired!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go