We're always trying to eat healthy around our house, but that's not always easy - especially when you have a house full of people with different tastes.
Vegans, vegetarians, meat lovers and one person who hates to cook, but is responsible to make meals for all of them. My solution is to focus on recipes that can easily be customized for different appetites...like my yams.
The yams please everyone, since they can be stuffed individually, and are ready in about 10 minutes. They make a great meal or a hearty side dish.
The recipe below is just a suggestion, since this is what I call a "garbage pail" recipe...add whatever you have on hand.
- 4 Yams
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 5 Minutes|Total time: 15 Minutes
- Wash yam skin off and cook them in the microwave for 5-8 minutes, depending on the size of the yams
- In the meantime, wash and chop the tomato into small pieces
- Open and rinse the beans
- Cut open the avocado and mash up the fruit inside
- Open corn and cook according to package directions
- When yams are fully cooked, cut them open and stuff the veggies inside and on top.
- You can also add cooked meat or cheese to the yams, if desired.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go