Birthday cake cookies, funfetti cookies, sugar cookies with sprinkles…whatever you want to call them, these soft & thick cookies are exactly what you need right now. They’re perfectly soft, and just a tiny bit cakey, which makes the name “birthday cake cookies” fitting, in my opinion. This recipe only makes about 10-12 cookies, so you’re limited on how much cookie dough you can consume. This recipe comes together in a flash, much faster than an actual birthday cake. So if you want something simple and sweet for your birthday, these cookies will without a doubt make your day a little extra special!
Soft & Thick Birthday Cake Cookies
- 12 Cookies
- Prep time: 30 Minutes Cook time: 15 Minutes Total time: 45 min
- 240g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 113g unsalted butter (room temp)
- 100g granulated sugar
- 53g light brown sugar
- 1 egg (room temp)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 35g rainbow jimmies sprinkles
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until fully combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until fully incorporated.
- Scrape down the bowl, then add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix!
- Gently fold in the sprinkles.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough and place on one baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze the cookie dough for 15 minutes.
- Toward the end of the freeze time, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide cookie dough up between two baking sheets placed about two inches apart. Bake cookies for 12-16 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet.
- Use a cookie scoop to get 10-12 perfectly seized cookies! Do not roll them with your hands or they’ll lose their textured top.
- Only use jimmy sprinkles! Any other type of sprinkles will melt or bleed into the dough.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!