The Most Delicious Nutella Sourdough Cruffins
Whoever puts their hands on sourdough, it’s hard to stop with it. All you do is thinking of new and different ways to apply its use. After seeing all the crunchy and layered cruffin photos on social media, I decided to try it myself. that is a delightful little treat that you can fill with whatever you want and I went with Nutella this time. It is just fantastic. They are amazing while still warm and crunchy and maybe even better the day after. If you manage to save any!
It may seem that these cruffis do take some time to make, but sourdough crew is used to it anyway. And this is actually quite quick for a sourdough recipe in general.
For all of you who do not grow yeast at home, this can be easily done with store-bought instant yeast. You will get a great result and the process is much faster as the rising time is a lot shorter.
You don’t need many ingredients, practically only a couple of them.
- 8 cruffins
- Prep time: 1 Hours|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 25 Minutes
- Mix the dough well by using all the ingredients and wrap it in cling-film. Leave it on the counter for about an hour to rest.
- Divide the dough in four pieces and shape into small balls. Roll it out very thinly. I have used pasta machine, that’s the easiest way. If you don’t have one, roll it by hand to get a thin elongated shape, like one you would get with pasta machine.
- Take some soften butter and spread it on the dough by using your fingers. It doesn’t have to cover all the dough, you’re gonna wrap it anyway. But the dough is nicer when it is a little buttery. Then spread Nutella on it, in the amount you like.
- Now you should roll the dough to get a little sausage-alike shape that you will cut lengthwise and get two equal pieces out of it. You should wrap each one around itself and place it into the buttered muffin mould.
- You will get 8 cruffins out this dough. Cover them with cling-film and let them rise for about 4 hours on room temperature.
- Bake them in a preheated oven, 200°C or 400 F for about 25 minutes or until you think they are crispy enough.
- If you don’t use sourdough starter, replace it with 7 g of dry yeast. In that case, rising time will be shorter.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go