Here is the full video tutorial of the mango strudel! It’s so easy, you can do it!
Mango Strudel - No Sugar Added NSA “Jersey Girl Knows Best”
2 Ingredients! That’s it! This braided pastry looks difficult, but I promise it’s super simple and delicious! Also, there is no added sugar, since the mango is naturally sweet.🥭. You are sure to impress your guests with this dessert. Ready?! Let’s do this!
Cut 1” strips from the center section outward straight towards the edge, as shown.
Start adding your sweet cut mango, in the pattern shown to get the most mango on your pastry.
Continue until the mango fills the middle section of the puff pastry.
Now it’s time to start weaving the left and right cut strips of puff pastry back and forth to create a weave pattern, as shown.
Here is the finished weave pattern before it goes into the oven.
Look how gorgeous your simple mango puff pastry turned out! You are sure to impress your guests with this dessert! Enjoy it by itself or with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream! Follow me on Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and FoodTalk for more tasty recipes!
- 8 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 45 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Take your thawed puff pastry dough and lay it out flat on a parchment lined baking sheet. Start cutting the dough from the center section to the edge in 1” strips all the way to the bottom and repeat the process on the opposite side.
- Starting at the top of the middle section, take your sliced mango, about 8 or so pieces stacked together, and place them on the puff pastry. If the mango is too wet, blot them on a paper towel. In a fanned pattern, work with mango all the way down to the bottom of the puff pastry. (Depending on the size of your mango you may have left over slices. Freeze them for a smoothie!)
- Starting on either side, take the first strip of puff pastry from the top and lay it across the center section covering the mango, but in a downward position. Continue with the opposite strip and criss cross the strips in a weave pattern back and forth all the way down to the bottom.
- Put the baking sheet into the oven at 425F for 30-35 minutes, then reduce to 375F for 10-20 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and the top is golden brown. Enjoy this mango strudel by itself, with vanilla bean ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream!
- Since my mango was so juicy, I patted it dry with paper towels before placing it on the puff pastry.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go