Chocolate Peanut-Butter Filled Cookies
I remember watching an episode of the Great British Baking Show, where they talked about how Peanut Butter and Chocolate was a very ‘American’ Flavor combination, and… I gotta say. I’m sad that so many people are missing out on this experience, ya know?
I thought about that a lot while I made these, and how a flavor combination of Chocolate and Peanut Butter might seem ‘wrong’ to some But if it’s wrong, I don’t think I want to be right! Because… c’mon. Chocolate…Peanut butter..Warm, gooey cookie…Is your mouth watering yet? If so, these are for you! These easy cookies seem innocent enough, until you take a bite to find Peanut Butter oozing out of them!
Let me know what you thought of these crowd-pleasers in the comments below. Happy Baking!
- 18 Cookies
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 8 Minutes|Total time: 28 Minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350º. To a bowl with an electric mixer, cream together your 1 stick of room temperature butter with 1 cup each of Brown sugar and White sugar. Do this for at least 3 minutes, until it's light and fluffy.
- Add in the 2 Eggs and 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract and beat again for another minute.
- Now mix in the 1/3 cup +1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder, 1 tsp Salt, and 1 tsp Baking soda. Once combined, slowly add in the 2 cups of Flour. Beat until just combined.
- Using a standard cookie scoop, scoop out 6 cookies onto a greased baking sheet, (Because these cookies are larger, I recommend only baking 6 at a time to avoid them sticking together once baked. Refrigerate the remaining dough while each batch is ready to go in the oven). Make a small well with a spoon or your thumb in the middle of them. Add 1 heaping tsp of peanut butter in each one, then scoop 1 Tbsp of the Chocolate Cookie dough out and flatten in gently with your hand, then place on top and gently seal the edges. Make sure the cookie isn't too flat and still in a ball shape before baking it- they will flatten considerably in the baking process.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, then let them cool down for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy after 5 more minutes of cooling off.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go