Hearty and Healthy Vegetable Soup With Greens and Chickpeas
This is an arguable statement, but I think all weather is soup weather. So, even though it may be warming up a bit outside where you live, it does not mean you have to stop having soup! Also, I could not be happier that we will be able to enjoy more time outdoors now that spring is here. This has been a long winter! If you are still feeling cozy and relaxing at home, might I recommend this comforting, warm, and healthy vegetable soup. The best part about this soup is that you can add and omit whichever veggies you have on hand. I made wanted to make it a bit more filling, so I added chickpeas. If you are feeling you need a heavier soup, shredded chicken would be a wonderful addition as well!
- 6 servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 2 Hours|Total time: 2 Hours 20 Minutes
- Dice all the veggies, add everything to a large pot
- Simmer low for a few hours
- Serve with crusty bread if you'd like! Completely vegetarian and vegan! You can also use any other veggies you have, zucchini and bell peppers would be great,
- This is completely vegan/vegetarian currently. If you want to add some more protein, shredded chicken would be great in this as well!
- Zucchini, cauliflower, and bell peppers would all be wonderful in this as well.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go